OUR ENVIRONMENT IS PRECIOUS AND IMPORTANT. IT CAN’T SPEAK FOR ITSELF SO IT IS UP TO US TO PROTECT IT.
Every component and material has been carefully selected. All of our major components are North American made, ensuring the highest possible quality standards guaranteeing the safety of not only the components but also of the factory workers who are producing them. Quality components ensure durability, which reduces the environmental impact, there are no chairs to throw away every few years and components can be recycled after use. The investment made today will save you money and productivity in the future.
HOW WE STAY GREEN IN OUR WORKSPACE:
- Recycling Program for Office and Factory – Through an exhaustive process, our entire facility has implemented a program to capture all our discarded materials; on average diverting over 20 Metric Tonnes out of the landfill each year.
- Compost Program for Office and Factory – Any organic materials to be disposed of, from that of our coffee station, lunch room and other miscellaneous sources are collected and sent to our local compost facility to be turned into rich organic soil.
- LED High Bay Warehouse Lighting Retrofit – LED lights use about half as much power than our previous 400-watt metal halide lighting. LED lights last on average 10x longer than other fixtures and they emit virtually no heat. Not only are they long lasting but they are also incredibly durable, they are close to damage-proof and require very little maintenance over their lifespan.
- LED Office Lighting Retrofit – LED’s have an extremely long lifespan relative to our previous Fluorescent lights. New LED’s can last 50,000 to 100,000 hours or more. The typical lifespan for a fluorescent bulb is at best roughly 25,000 only 10-25% as much. LED lights waste very little energy in the form of infrared radiation. LED lights do not contain toxic mercury as do Fluorescent bulbs.
- Air Quality & Heat Conservation – Installation of Air Inverters throughout our factory conserves energy by reducing heating bills (which can be substantial in Canada) and improves Air Quality by constantly filtering the air.
- Up to 10% of our electricity is generated by renewable sources, namely wind and solar. By the year 2030 this amount will be up to 52%.
- Glue Adhesive – we use a non-toxic water based adhesive for our upholstery.
- Leather – all scraps large enough are kept and later made into leather swatch booklets or samples. Any smaller or non-usable leather pieces are stored in large bins and sent away to be recycled into Bonded Leather products – like wallets and small leather goods.
- Foam – all cut foam scraps are saved and bagged. A local company picks up the scraps and chips it into underlay for carpeting.
- Cardboard – all boxes are broken down and either re-used for shipping parts – or placed into our recycling bin.
- Shipping Pallets – our shipping pallets are reused and/or recycled.
- Packing Paper – clean packing paper sent with our components is re-used in our shipping department.
ALL OF OUR CHAIRS CAN BE RECYCLED AFTER THE LIFE OF THE CHAIR.
- Metal and plastic – All metal components and plastic components are stamped recyclable.
- Recycled Plastic Components – Our Ultimate Exec. 2390 & 2490 Chair Backs as well as our Deep Contour Seats are made from 100% recycled plastics (1-7).
- Upholstery Choices – We offer a variety of Post Consumer Recycled Polyester, PVC Free upholstery choices from vendor partners who are Certified Carbon Neutral and Greenguard Certified
- Our Vendors – we partner with companies who share our respect for the environment and are actively reducing their waste and focusing on maximizing recycling and minimizing the need to landfill.