Casters, bases and arms can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. For extra shine, they may be polished with products specifically formulated for plastics, nylon and fiberglass.
CHAIR CONTROLS NEED LUBRICATING ONCE A YEAR:
KNEE TILT MECHANISM LUBRICATION DIAGRAM – CLICK HERE
Lubrication Locations Use Self Penetrating Oil. DO NOT use a SPRAY lubricant.
Clutch Plates: DO NOT Lubricate Clutch Plates, it will cause irreversible damage.
- Cover the floor to protect it and lay the chair on the floor so the control is visible.
- Wipe away any dust, dirt, or old lubricant.
- DO NOT USE SOLVENT LUBRICANTS (such as WD-40) as they attract dust and dirt that builds up in the joints, causing excessive wear and noise.
- NEVER LUBRICATE THE CLUTCH PLATES as this will cause the clutch plates to slip and cause irreversible damage to the clutch.
- Apply self-penetrating oil or a silicon, lithium, or motorcycle chain lubricant to the springs and rivets attaching the inner and outer control structure, and any other parts making contact EXCEPT THE CLUTCH PLATES.
- Wipe away any excess lubricant then turn the chair upright.